Interested in working at an exciting SaaS company targeting the rapidly growing PE market? Want to sell an innovative, peer benchmarking and best practices sharing platform to private equity firms investing in tech companies? Excited to work with leading private equity firms to help their portfolio companies grow, operate efficiently, and build enterprise value?
OPEXEngine is the leading SaaS benchmarking platform for Software and SaaS financial and operating benchmarks. OPEXEngine is entering a significant growth phase and has a culture that is entrepreneurial, problem-solving-oriented, and focused on delivering powerful customer value. OPEXEngine was recently acquired by Bain & Company and this position would include working with Bain partners and consulting teams supporting private equity clients.
The PE Sales Manager will be responsible for driving the end-to-end sales process for OPEXEngine with leading private equity firms. You will directly engage with high potential prospects, build relationships with investment professionals and operations personnel, and understand their needs. You will collaborate closely with Bain Partners and Solutions Consultants to deliver high-impact product demonstrations and pitches, lead contract negotiations, and close deals. As an early member of a fast-growing team, you will also have the opportunity to shape emerging sales processes and structures, as well as to help define the product roadmap.
- Client engagement: directly engage with investment professionals and operations personnel via phone, email or in-person, or video meetings ○ Coordinate with Bain Partners to identify key decision-makers
- Understand client needs and develop an enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value of OPEXEngine benchmarking subscriptions and benchmarking analysis
- Plan and schedule high-impact engagements (e.g., demo meetings)
- Deliver tailored follow-ups
- Negotiate and close contracts in collaboration with OPEXEngine management and Bain Legal
- Pitch meetings: lead high-impact pitch meetings
- Collaborate effectively with Bain Partners and Solutions Consultants ○ Perform tailored product demonstrations
- Answer common product questions
- Sales administration: Build and execute strong sales processes and structures for OPEXEngine
- Identify and prioritize prospects for BenchmarkEngine, EdgarEngine, and other OPEXEngine products
- Contribute to the development of OPEXEngine sales processes and structures
- Keep the CRM current with contacts and relevant sales activity ○ Contribute to the development of selling collateral, in partnership with Product Marketing and Content Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in sales for a data or fintech business
- Experience selling to private equity firms or similar financial investors ● Strong presence and an ability to interface with senior executives ● Outstanding sales skills: driven, proactive, conscientious, team-orientated, and curious
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment: a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- Knowledge of the full sales cycle (from prospecting to contracting) of relationship and consultative sales
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Business, economics, or finance focus
- Masters degree in business or finance
- Experience building a sales team in a start-up environment
- Experience co-selling with consulting firms
OPEXEngine is the leading SaaS benchmarking platform for Software and SaaS companies, used by vendors, investors, and service providers to software and SaaS companies. We work directly with CFOs, heads of FP&A, and Finance executives — over 500 CFOs and finance teams depend on the OPEXEngine benchmarking platform to improve their company’s financial and operating performance. OPEXEngine benchmarks are used for budgeting and planning, for board and investor reporting, for due diligence, and for diagnostics of operational inefficiencies. Consistent and accurate data is critical to the process.
OPEXEngine is entering a significant growth phase and has a culture that is entrepreneurial, problem-solving-oriented, and focused on delivering powerful customer value. We value initiative, resourcefulness, and passion for getting the analysis right. The success of our customers is our mission. With the momentum we are experiencing, we are actively building our team to meet our growth targets. In 2021, OPEXEngine became part of the Bain & Company Proprietary Data Ventures group.
About Bain & Company
Bain & Company is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all industries and geographies.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity, and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities, and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor, and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ, and parents.
Applicant must have received, or be willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine, and be fully vaccinated (established 2 weeks following final dose) by date of employment with OPEXEngine.
All candidates authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are eligible to apply.
OPEXEngine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V