Want to help build an innovative, peer benchmarking cloud-based platform for tech companies? OPEXEngine delivers industry-leading benchmarks, analytics, and more to help companies grow, operate efficiently and build enterprise value through its innovative BenchmarkEngine and EdgarEngine platforms.
OPEXEngine is the leading SaaS benchmarking platform for Software and SaaS financial and operating benchmarks. More than 800 CFOs and finance teams depend on the OPEXEngine benchmarking platform to improve financial and operating performance. OPEXEngine is entering a significant growth phase and has a culture that is entrepreneurial, problem-solving-oriented, and focused on delivering powerful customer value.
OPEXEngine is currently seeking a PHP Developer. The job can be remote or hybrid in-person in our Boston area headquarters. As a PHP Developer, you will be a key member of our nimble/agile engineering team with lots of growth potential. You will be joining a team committed to innovation and fast-paced production while producing high-quality code. You will work closely with key members of our tech and business teams to improve features, solve bugs and participate in developing new features for our platform.
- Maintain and continuously improve the existing codebase.
- Investigate and fix bugs/issues.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Design, estimate, and code new features as needed. This is primarily a coding position. • Participate in new or existing feature design/improvement discussions. • Participate in feature planning and other project management meetings. • Identify and fix gaps in system reliability and security – must be preemptive in this regard.
- Continuously improve the deployment process between Dev, Staging, and Production environments.
- Clearly communicate updates/fixes to the business team
- 3+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP (full time).
- MVC frameworks (Codeigniter or similar).
- Comfortable working in a Linux server environment and Apache webserver. • Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like Git and Gitlab.
- Consuming and creating web services.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work remotely while managing time/projects effectively and without micromanagement
Nice To Have
- Know the difference between PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.4 / PHP 8
- Application & server security best practices and interest in learning more • Experience with continuous development
- Composer for PHP
- Systems integration
- Unit testing.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
OPEXEngine is the leading SaaS benchmarking platform for Software and SaaS companies, used by vendors, investors, and service providers to software and SaaS companies. We work directly with CFOs, heads of FP&A, and Finance executives — over 500 CFOs and finance teams depend on the OPEXEngine benchmarking platform to improve their company’s financial and operating
performance. OPEXEngine benchmarks are used for budgeting and planning, for board and investor reporting, for due diligence, and for diagnostics of operational inefficiencies. Consistent and accurate data is critical to the process.
OPEXEngine is entering a significant growth phase and has a culture that is entrepreneurial, problem-solving-oriented, and focused on delivering powerful customer value. We value initiative, resourcefulness, and passion for getting the analysis right. The success of our customers is our mission. With the momentum we are experiencing, we are actively building our team to meet our growth targets. In 2021, OPEXEngine became part of the Bain & Company Proprietary Data Ventures group.
About Bain & Company
Bain & Company is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all industries and geographies.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity, and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities, and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor, and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ, and parents.
All candidates authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are eligible to apply.
OPEXEngine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V